Christmas @ Home 2008

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Why Leon?











Many people want to know why I am known as Leon. It all started about 10 years ago when my little niece Gabby started talking. I might add here that she is not my first niece. She is my fourth. I have been called Wee Ann by most of them, but when Gab came along, she could pronounce L's. However, it came out as Leigh On. Of course everyone ran with it and now I am Leon to all family. Of course, after she started school, her whole class called me Aunt Leon, then all my co-workers picked it up. There was no turning back. I officially became "Leon"


So, about two years ago, Gabby called me Aunt Leigh Ann, out of the blue. I almost wrecked my car because I was driving home after school! I said, "Gabby what did you just call me?" She said, "Aunt Leigh Ann. Did you know everyone calls you the wrong name?" I couldn't believe it. I told her the story of WHY they did and forbade her to ever call me Leigh Ann again! It was funny. So, I will always be Leon. : ) (Especially to my Gabby Goorilla!)

3 comments:

Beth Larkin said...

I am sooo proud of you. Welcome to blogging girl! love ya, Beth

Jill McCormick said...

Welcome to our world! I will add you to my blog... By the way, you will always be LEON to Noah! Thanks for loving my children!

Love you friend!

Unknown said...

I've learned something today!