Christmas @ Home 2008

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I knew I would stink at blogging

Well, it didn't take long to determine that I will be a stinky blogger. I spend too much time living my life to have time to write about it! I have been busy with work,

soccer,

dance, BULLDOG football, Halloween, a 22nd wedded bliss anniversary, recovering from surgery... you know, the usual.











I guess I should blog about how cool it is to live in historical times! After all of the prophesy of doom and despair, we are all still living after Obama has been elected. I'm sure if we can survive Clinton, anything is possible! I am not a Democrat, I am not a Republican either. I just vote how I feel. Sometimes it is with Dems, sometimes with Republics. However, I don't think that one person is going to make or break this country. We are doing a pretty good job of breaking it as a society ourselves...

Do you want to know what I think is really wrong with our society? There is a serious lack of family. This has many implications: No family means no one to teach and model for children, it also means that children are growing up with no morals, they grow up, have children, and the cycle just gets worse. Of course the families that are spoiling their children so that no one can possibly stand them or so that they will end up breaking serious laws when they grow up are just as damaging. Those people are going to live in misery for a long time if they never figure out real life is not about self. .....I'll get off of my soap box now. : )

We had haircuts today and Ms. Tracy straightened mine! I am going to try to wear it like this tomorrow and freak everyone out! My usual afro is replaced with smooth, sleek, straight hair! Of course I told her that it only took me 5 minutes to fix my hair every morning, (It took that long to straighten 2 strands!) However, I WISH it looked smooth and sleek all the time. I guess God just didn't intend for me to have sleek. He must have intended for me to be fluffy from head to toe! : )

I have been busy, but I am also trying to rest more... I don't do enough of that. So, I am going to cut it short now too! William needs a story...Take Care!


Extreme William!

4 comments:

Jill McCormick said...

You are out there!Yeah, I LOVE YOUR HAIR! You look so much younger...

Wishing Flower said...

The phases of blogging...you are right on track!

Pat said...

Great post! I think everyone should read Beth Moore's post "A Unified House" and pray for our leaders and country as fervently as before last Tuesday. Her blog is: http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/
I have seen a lot of "history" and we have survived it all and benefited in some way.

Beth Larkin said...

Okay Leon, you should really post more so that you don't explode! Life is all of those things, just "busy"! And if there are opportunities for us to rest, we always find something else to do.
Sometimes we truly do just need to sit back and admire out blessings, so when you figure out how to do that let me know. Ha! Ha! Did you ever notice how many exclamation marks I use. I write as loud as I talk. :)