Christmas @ Home 2008

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fear

I know, I know, I really do suck at this blogging thing! I had a strange feeling that I would! I have many pictures I would like to post and many stories to tell, but they will take more time than I have to tell or show. I have a teenager! She is a marvelous, wonderful child! I spend a LOT of time following her around with Will in tow, but she is worth it. She is a sweet girl and a good girl. We are on the precipice of change in my house and I am scared to death. Tonight she is in Ridgeland at a soccer game that she didn't get to play in, so I didn't go. (Shocking I know!) She has a new boyfriend, and this is the second one this year. I have spent the last 14 years caring for, protecting, nurturing, and loving this baby. How in the world do you let them go????? I know that God is there for me and I pray a great deal for guidance and peace. Of course, I forget and take the worry and fear with me when I am done. I do know better, but it just seems to be my way. I want my children to grow up and be responsible citizens of this world. I want them to be happy and productive. I know they have to make their own decisions and their own mistakes to learn from. (Not that she has made any, I'm just saying in general) I have spent a lot of energy and love trying to protect her from harm and heartache, but now I have to let her go and experience things without me. Of course, I am always here for her, I always will be... BUT, I will let her grow in new ways and learn new things on her own too. No matter how much it breaks my heart. If you read this, please say a little prayer for me and my babies, and all children who are on the edge of adulthood. I pray for her safety, her happiness, and her ability to make good decisions. I know she has up until now, and I am so very thankful for this child who has been nothing but a blessing to me. She is never ugly, never talks back, and is always loving and respectful. She is always smiling, giggling, and just a happy person. I certainly don't deserve such a wonderful child, but God did bless me exceedingly, abundantly with this one. I pray that His blessings for her are the same.



"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. "
Proverbs 22:6


"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

3 comments:

Jill McCormick said...

We as mothers can not help the way we "FEAR" our children growing up! But we can TRUST in the Lord! HE will guide us... I feel your pain and I am in constant prayer!

Love you,
Jill

Beth Larkin said...

You have two beautiful children Leon! All we can do with our babies is raise them the best we know how, never stop praying, be there for them and and simply put our trust in God! I am not in the world of teenagers yet, but good grades, bad grades, respectful, disrespectul, big and small, all of them have one thing in common that makes them exactly the same in one respect, "HORMONES"! You are an open-minded momma who has never shielded Anna from the truth and consequences of any of her decisions and actions. She has made alot of good decisions and she is sure to make some stinky ones too. Just tell her to stay true to herself and make others respect her decisions and beliefs even when it's not the thing to do. It has to be hard on you,my time is fastly approaching, but your not letting go, your simply letting others in. I pray for all of my friends with teens, especially girls daily. It's not easy and I am taking notes I assure you! I love you, breath deep! Beth

tank said...

You've been tagged! Don't fuss! This will give you a subject for a new blog post. ;) This one is much easier than the last tag I did too.
http://tanksgetaway.blogspot.com/2009/02/tagged.html